By El Camino Rental Posted August 12, 2015 In Blog
5 Questions To Ask When Renting Construction Equipment
Renting construction equipment
is almost always more cost-effective than buying. But when you go to rent construction equipment, there are five questions that you absolutely should ask first.
1. Does it work? Although this may seem simple, you should always ask the rental company to start up the equipment and make sure it runs smoothly. You should also watch them run the equipment through its paces to see how to properly operate the equipment.
2. What is your insurance policy? When renting equipment, you have to consider your own safety. Although things rarely go wrong with construction equipment, you need to be prepared for when they do. It is often worth the peace of mind to pay a few extra dollars to insure rental equipment.
3. Can I extend the rental without incurring any late fees? Sometimes projects go longer than expected. If you have to extend the rental unexpectedly, be sure that you can do so without incurring additional fees beyond the regular rental fees.
4. Is there another rental location that can offer a better price or better equipment? Shop around. For example, when looking for equipment rentals in San Diego, there are many options. Open up the phone book or your web browser, and make a few calls beforehand.
5. Am I responsible to refuel and clean the equipment? Many equipment rental
companies will apply additional fees if the equipment is not fully refueled and cleaned before it is returned. Avoid unexpected charges by asking first.